Weekend Anchor/Reporter, WDTV 5 News, Bridgeport, W.Va.
- Anchor and produce weekend evening newscasts
- Report local news during the week
- Manage station social media accounts
- Make community appearances on behalf of the station
Reporter, WDTV 5 News, Bridgeport, W.Va.
February 2014- October 2015
- Cover breaking news and general assignment stories as a one-man-band shooting, editing on FinalCut Pro, and writing pieces
- Present stories live, on-air
- Post stories to the web and various social media platforms
- Fill-in anchor & producer
WVU News, Morgantown, WV
Government Reporter, Fall 2015
- Responsible for creating news packages for weekly newscasts
- Responsible for shooting and editing all news material
- Utilize social media to inform public
Student Worker, WVU University Relations Video, Morgantown, W.Va.
January 2013-June 2015
- Arrange and schedule video shoots for producers
- Book studio for clients using Gantic, Xytech, & Windows Operating Systems
- Archive video in Cat DV
- Responsible for answering the phone and office duties
Barista, Starbucks, Clarksburg, W.Va.
June 2013-February 2014
- Prepared and served beverages in a fast-paced environment
- Gained excellent skills in working with the public and fellow co-workers
- Efficient in multi-tasking
Intern, WBOY-TV, Clarksburg, W.Va.
Summer 2010 and 2011
- Efficient in editing with Sony Vegas
- Shadowed with professional reporters on shoots and logged tapes
- Shot video and b-roll for stories
- Assisted in the control room
Intern, WDTV-TV, Bridgeport, W.Va.
- Wrote scripts and edited b-roll
- Became proficient in non-linear editing on FinalCut Pro and performed research for stories
- Worked in the field with professional reporters on a daily basis
- Learned the necessary skills of working in television and what producers look for when selecting sound bites and video
West Virginia University, Morgantown, W.Va.
Broadcast Journalism Major, Political Science Minor Current Overall GPA: 3.9
August 2012-present Expected Graduation: May 2016
Lincoln High School, Shinnston, W.Va.
High School Diploma August 2008 – May 2012 Overall GPA: 4.0 Class Rank: 3
- Adobe Audition, Adobe Premier, Photoshop, FinalCut, and Edius
- AP ENPS
- PC & Mac Systems
- Spanish (advanced speaking, reading, and writing abilities)
Honors & Activities
- WVU Presidents List & Deans List
- WVU RTDNA Member
- Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society
- 2011 West Virginia recipient of the Al Neuharth Free Spirit Journalism Award
* References available upon request